When you own a property, knowing its value is always helpful. That way, you can evaluate your options and take advantage of every opportunity. It can be challenging to accurately assess the actual value of your property when you are living in it, as your personal belongings will interfere. That is where home staging is helpful, as it gives your property its full potential to anyone’s eyes.
The home staging process prepares your asset’s visual aspect and aesthetics to make it attractive and maximise its value to potential buyers. This process will help you to sell an asset or evaluate its value for future options by enhancing its potential and increasing its selling price.
Let’s see what to expect during the home staging process and how it works!
What to expect?
A home stager will carry out the process and have high-skill interior design and property styling skills. It is not just a person who claims to have a sense of design!
Home stager learns about selling strategies with a real estate agent. They are trained to enhance the visual aspect of any property, valuing the best part of it and reducing any default or inconveniences. Their strategies will directly touch the emotional element of potential buyers. A real estate agent CRM system can facilitate efficient coordination between home stagers and agents, ensuring a well-coordinated approach to property presentation and marketing.
Their goal is to sell your property the fastest and at the best price regarding the market price of the moment. They will consider the style of your house, its location and the buyer’s preferences depending on the mode of movement in the housing.
A home stagger will undoubtedly involve changing your furniture, selecting the ones needed for sale or even upcycling or replacing some of your furniture. To increase visual appeal, they add decor and colours. Everything that needs reparation will be fixed during the home staging process. The goal is to show an immediate liveable property so people project themselves living there.
After the styling process, the selling time will start. Your new house will shine on the market, ready to get the best offer from potential buyers!
Once the property is sold and all items are removed, it will be up to the new owners to figure out the design they want.
How it works?
Your home stager will generally take the following steps for the home staging process :
- Initial consultation: This visit will allow your home stager to examine to gauge the present state of your home. You will have an interview so he can understand your goals and expectations. That is essential as it will place your home stager on the same page as you. You will then get a personalised staging plan according to your wishes.
- Cleaning and decluttering: For potential buyers to feel attracted by your home, they need to be able to project themself living in it. Creating a clean and minimalistic environment allows for anyone to feel at ease in your house.
- Furnishing and soft furnishing selection: rearranging the space, selecting the right furniture and piece of artwork, and hiding the one that doesn’t fit the area is an important step. It will enhance the potential of every room.
- Staging execution: According to your staging plan, they will create an inviting space, playing with focal points and light. The goal is to make the best of the area.
- Marketing and promotion: A professional photographer will come to get the best pictures of each room.
After the home staging, you may feel like you are living in a new house! Then the goal is reached, and soon, you will sign a deed of sale for your home!