World of Warcraft is teeming with an impressive array of mounts that players can ride across the expansive in-game world. From magical unicorns to fierce dragons, there’s something for everyone. But how does one go about obtaining these magnificent beasts? This blog post will guide you through the various methods to unlock these coveted mounts.
Starting with Basic Mount Training
Every player’s journey to obtaining vehicles begins with basic mount training. Once a character reaches level 20, they are eligible for Apprentice Riding, which allows them to ride ground mounts at a 60% increased speed. At level 40, they can upgrade to Journeyman Riding, boosting their speed by 100%. This foundational training is a crucial first step in the world of mount collection.
Faction and Vendor Mounts
One of the simplest ways to acquire mounts is through reputation vendors. In the vast universe of World of Warcraft, various factions have taken root in different corners of Azeroth. As players interact with these factions, completing quests, and undertaking challenges, they earn reputation points. Gaining reputation not only opens up new storylines and opportunities but also provides access to rare rewards, one of the most coveted being mounts.
Each faction typically has a set of vehicles that reflect its culture, aesthetics, and lore. For instance:
Orgrimmar (Horde): Reaching Exalted status with the Orgrimmar faction for Horde players will unlock a variety of wolves available for purchase.
Stormwind (Alliance): Gaining favor with Stormwind will grant players access to various horses, representing the Alliance’s nobility and grace.
The Cloud Serpent Faction (Pandaria): By training and racing cloud serpents in the Jade Forest, players can earn these majestic flying serpents as their own.
The Nightfallen (Legion): Players assisting the Nightfallen in Suramar can obtain the Arcanist’s Manasaber, a testament to the arcane prowess of the Nightborne.
Moreover, some factions are tougher to grind reputation for, and their mounts become a status symbol, signifying a player’s dedication and time investment in the game. It’s not just about the aesthetics; these mounts often narrate tales of the player’s journeys, allegiances, and the challenges they’ve overcome.
In essence, faction and vendor vehicles are not just modes of transportation; they are badges of honor, souvenirs from adventures, and symbols of the alliances players forge on their journey through Azeroth.
World of Warcraft has a robust achievement system, with many of these achievements rewarding mounts upon completion. From completing specific raid encounters to mastering the art of PvP, these vehicles act as a symbol of your in-game accomplishments.
Among the vast array of achievements available, many are tied to collecting specific mounts, acting as both the journey and the prize.
Achieveent-based mounts often represent some of the most challenging content in the game. These are not simply handed out; they must be earned. Here’s a closer look
Glory of the Raider Series: This set of achievements requires gamers to tackle raid content under specific conditions or within certain limitations. For example, completing challenges without losing any raid members or defeating a boss within a particular time frame. Being successful in these endeavors rewards players with a unique mount tied to that raid’s lore and aesthetics.
Dungeon Challenges: Similar to the raid achievements, dungeons also come with their set of tasks. Completing them all, such as in the “Glory of the Hero” achievement, can reward gamers with a mount.
PvP Achievements: The world of Azeroth is fraught with conflict, and for those who excel in player-versus-player combat, there are distinct mounts. Earning titles like “Glorious Combatant” or achieving high ratings in rated battlegrounds can grant rare and intimidating mounts that signal a player’s prowess in combat.
World Events and Festivals: Seasonal achievements related to in-game events like Brewfest, Hallow’s End, or Love is in the Air often come with a mount reward. These mounts are particularly cherished since they’re only obtainable during a specific time frame each year
Meta-Achievements: Some of the most intricate and time-consuming mounts come from meta-achievements, where players must complete a series of related achievements. For instance, “What A Long, Strange Trip It’s Been,” which spans a whole year of world events, culminates in the acquisition of the Violet Proto-Drake.
These mounts not only serve as a badge of pride but also as a visual record of a player’s journey. Each one tells a story, be it of triumph over a particularly tricky raid boss, the strategy and cohesion of a PvP team, or the dedication to complete a long and arduous series of tasks. Collecting achievement-based mounts becomes a game in itself, with players often collaborating, strategizing, and sharing tips on how to conquer the trials that stand between them and their coveted prize.
Rare Drops and Boss Encounters
Some of the most coveted mounts in World of Warcraft are those that drop from rare elites or bosses in dungeons and raids. The percentage chance for these mounts to drop can be quite low, making them all the more desirable. For instance, the Ashes of Al’ar is a phoenix mount that drops from Kael’thas Sunstrider in the Tempest Keep raid, and is one of the most sought-after vehicles in the game.
- World Bosses: Throughout Azeroth, powerful enemies occasionally emerge, requiring the might of multiple players to defeat. Such world bosses like Sha of Anger in Pandaria or Nalak on the Isle of Thunder have a chance to drop rare mounts. The rarity and randomness of these encounters make these ride-creatures highly desirable.
- Raid Bosses: Within the halls of WoW’s raids, certain bosses hold the reins to elusive creatures. An example is Invincible’s Reins, a spectral steed dropped by the Lich King in the Icecrown Citadel raid on the heroic difficulty. Acquiring such a mount is a testament to a player’s dedication and, in some cases, their patience, as they might have to run the raid a huge number of times before getting the mount.
- Dungeon Denizens: Dungeons, though less intensive than raids, can also be home to rare mounts. For instance, the Raven Lord, a majestic bird-like creature, is a rare drop from Anzu in the Sethekk Halls dungeon.
- Timed Events and Challenges: Some mounts are not just about drop rates but also speed and efficiency. The Infinite Timereaver, a dragon that can weave through time, is a rare prize from the Timewalking dungeons, where gamers face old content scaled to their level.
- Rare Spawns: Scattered across Azeroth are rare creatures that spawn intermittently, with some having the chance to drop mounts. The Time-Lost Proto-Drake in Storm Peaks or the Long-Forgotten Hippogryph in Azsuna are examples. Finding and defeating these creatures often requires patience, vigilance, and sometimes the collaboration of the WoW community, as players share spawn times and locations.
- Special Mention – TCG Loot: The World of Warcraft Trading Card Game, while no longer in production, had certain cards that contained codes for in-game items, including mounts. The Spectral Tiger and the Ghastly Charger’s Skull are examples. Their rarity in the physical world translates to their desirability in the digital realm of Azeroth.
Acquiring a mount from a rare drop or boss encounter is not just about luck. It’s a combination of persistence, preparation, and sometimes, community effort. When the mount finally drops, it becomes a symbol of achievement, luck, and the countless hours dedicated to the hunt. Riding such a mount in the cities and hubs of World of Wacraft is sure to turn heads and spark conversations, making them an essential aspect of the game’s collectible culture.
PvP and Battleground Mounts
For the PvP enthusiasts, battlegrounds and arenas offer a pathway to unique vehicles. These mounts serve as a testament to a player’s prowess in player versus player combat. From the prestigious Gladiator flying mounts to the Vicious War ride-creatures, PvP offers a range of exclusive options.
- Arena Rewards: Every PvP season, the top-performing players in arena combat receive unique mounts as a reward for their accomplishments. These ride-creatures, often flying drakes or other fierce creatures, are adorned with armor and ornaments fitting for a champion. Due to their exclusivity, spotting one in the wild is a clear indicator of a player’s skill and dedication to PvP combat.
- Battleground Achievements: BG, large-scale PvP environments where Horde and Alliance clash, have their set of tasks. Completing specific tasks or achieving victories in these BGs can unlock mounts. For example, the Black War Bear is obtained by defeating all of the opposing faction’s capital city leaders, a task that requires coordination, strength, and strategy.
- Rated Battlegrounds: Taking BGs to the next level, rated versions provide a competitive edge, and with it, exclusive mounts. Accumulating enough wins can unlock war-steeds like the Vicious War Fox or the Vicious War Turtle. These mounts are not just about looks; they signify a player’s ability to lead, strategize, and dominate on the battlefield.
- Alterac Valley’s Unique Mounts: One of the oldest BGs, Alterac Valley, has a rich history and, with it, two unique vehicles. For the Horde, the Frostwolf Howler stands as a symbol of the Frostwolf Clan’s indomitable spirit. For the Alliance, the Stormpike Battle Charger embodies the resilience and determination of the Stormpike Guard.
- Honor System and Prestige Rewards: With the revamped honor system, players can earn honor points and climb the prestige levels by participating in PvP activities. At certain prestige levels, unique vehicles become available, rewarding gamers for their continued dedication to the battlefield.
PvP and battleground mounts are symbols of a player’s dedication to competitive combat in World of Warcraft. Earning one is not just about the mount itself but the journey, the trials faced, and the adversaries overcome to attain it. For those who brave the challenges of PvP, these mounts stand as a testament to their skill, tenacity, and warrior spirit.
Crafting and Profession Mounts
For those with a penchant for crafting, certain professions like Engineering and Tailoring offer unique mounts that can be crafted. These vehicles not only stand as a testament to a player’s dedication to their profession but also add a unique flair to their collection.
World Events and Seasonal Mounts
Throughout the year, World of Warcraft dazzles gamers with an array of world events and festive celebrations. From the captivating Darkmoon Faire to the enchanting Winter Veil night, these events are the highlight of many players’ in-game calendar. Not only do these occasions offer a chance to travel to different zones and immerse oneself in the festivities, but they also provide an opportunity to obtain unique, time-limited mounts. For those keen on expanding their collection, it’s best to keep an eye on WoWhead news and patch updates or visit online forums and reviews. This way, gamers are always in the know, able to check the list of available mounts, and ensure they don’t skip any chance to add these exclusive treasures to their account. Whether you’re a mount expert or just someone who wants to enjoy the game’s vibrant events, WoW’s seasonal mounts are a must-try. So, gear up, read the guides, and prepare to embark on a journey filled with fun, challenges, and the thrill of the chase.
The Importance of Mount Equipment
Introduced in the Battle for Azeroth expansion, mount equipment is a game-changer. This feature allows players to equip their mounts with items that provide various benefits, such as water walking or preventing being dazed. Having the right equipment can significantly enhance your mount’s utility.
Special Promotions and In-game Shop
Occasionally, Blizzard offers ground and flying mounts through special promotions, such as the Celestial Steed available via the in-game shop. Additionally, certain vehicles have been made available through cross-promotion with other Blizzard games.
Collecting Mounts in Mythic Dungeons
For players keen on collecting rare dungeon and raid mounts but lack the time or team to conquer these challenges, ConquestCapped offers a solution. As one of the leading World od Wacraft service providers, ConquestCapped offers Mythic dungeon carry services. This service ensures players can obtain the mounts exclusive to these challenging dungeons without the usual grind. With an experienced team, they guarantee a smooth and efficient run, ensuring your character gets that coveted mount drop. Plus, choosing ConquestCapped ensures safety, reliability, and quick results.
Unlocking mounts in World of Warcraft is a rewarding journey, offering gamers a chance to showcase their dedication, achievements, and in-game prowess. Whether you’re a casual player or a dedicated mount collector, WoW offers a plethora of options to suit every playstyle. With the added boost services like ConquestCapped.com, even the most elusive mounts are within reach. Happy hunting!